Founder Membership is the opportunity to be involved at the inception of Olympic Cinema and to enjoy a variety of exclusive benefits in the long term.
• Lifetime Membership of Olympic Cinema and Members Bar. A one-off fee with no annual membership charges or membership price increases
• Unlimited access to the Members bar for the Founder and up to 3 guests Members can not only enjoy the Olympic when they come to watch a film, but at any time. They can also bring up to 3 guests along with them to share amenities, like the well-stocked bar, a bite to eat and more intimate meeting spaces.
• 1/3 off cinema tickets for the member and up to 3 guests. Membership entitles a third off their cinema ticket price for them and 3 lucky friends.
• Invitations plus guest to exclusive pre-release screenings and events.
• Priority advance booking for cinema tickets.
• Priority booking of private function/screening rooms and recording studio.
• Equivalent Membership benefits for one additional named adult. By nominating a named adult, Founder Membership and its benefits can be enjoyed by a 'significant other' should the member be out of town or unavailable to sign them in.
• Investment qualifies for EIS tax relief. Founder Membership qualifies for EIS tax relief, which at current rates, means if you are HMRC eligible you will receive £1500 back from the tax man.
• Receive one non-voting equity share in the cinema business. A small return on your investment will be issued once the business moves into profitability. Further details will be made available at a later date.
• The share equates to 0.04% of the company. This means that investors in ordinary shares may attract some income tax relief, and exemption from Capital Gains Tax on sale. The necessary details about how to claim this relief will be issued to all ordinary shareholders.
• Invitation to add your name to the Founder Members 'Wall of Fame'. In recognition of the important part our Founder Members play in bringing the Olympic to life, Founder’s names will be displayed in acknowledgement, should they wish.
Over 2,500 people attended our open day and subsequent support has outshone all our expectations. Locals have told us how important the cinema is both to the local economy and as a gathering place for the community – as the ‘entertainment centre’ it was built as originally. Money raised in this scheme will be put towards the refurbishment of this historic building and the permanent re-opening of its doors to the community. Founder Membership reduces the pressure to maximise profits at the expense of the local audience.
• An opportunity to sell on Membership. If for some reason you no longer wish to be a Founder Member it will be possible for you to sell on your share, with its membership benefits. (If you sell within three years of purchase you may not qualify for all E.I.S. relief. Such a sale would be subject to approval).
For availability, or if you have any questions, please contact: Hannah@olympiccinema.co.uk
Yes, after Founder Members have had an opportunity to enjoy the facilities and we have assessed their needs. Pricing will be confirmed post-opening.
There has been continuous growth in UK cinema box office over the last decade. However, the real excitement is the growth of REAL cinema. Bryan Appleyard summed up the mood recently in the Sunday Times:
The Olympic is an exciting local cinema with London-wide film appeal. It will be attentive to new demands and customers (as well as filmmakers), catching the new wave of boutique cinema, which cares for its customer, is attentive to its needs, and is as far away from multiplex culture as you can get.